Posted: Wed, March 20, 2013 | By: Events
by Marios Kyriazis
On Saturday the 25th of May, 2013, in Larnaca, Cyprus there will be a One-day symposium and get-together of minds to discuss ways leading to the abolition of ageing.
Participation is free.
The event is organised by the ELPIS Foundation for Indefinite Lifespans (www.elpisfil.org)
The meeting is suitable for pioneers and innovators in the fields of complexity science, evolution, intelligence, cybernetics, medicine and biology, and artificial intelligence.
We use a trans-disciplinary approach with our concepts and methods, in order to pursue novel, daring and scientifically rigorous avenues of thinking. The aim is to devise hypotheses, theories and practical methods that address the problem of involuntary death due to ageing.
Subjects for discussion include:
* Transposons, epigenetics and DNA
* Cell immortalisation
* Informational entropy reversal
* The evolution of complex systems as a movement against the pull of entropy
* Topological phase transitions with relevance to large scale shifts in human evolution
* Hormesis and environmental enrichment, biological amplification
* Social interactions, Ethics and Communications
* Constructing societies which can support indefinite lifespans
* Synergistic approaches between evolution, brain, technology and society
* Synthetic biology (human and social focus)
* Pressure to reengineer the concepts what does it mean to be “alive” or “human” in the computational era in a hyper-connected world
* The right to digital euthanasia
* Regenerative medicine, engineering organs, repairs from the “inside”
* Mind transfer, digital AI agents, cybernetic approaches
We welcome innovative thinking and input from anybody who espouses out philosophy. If you want to come in the audience or as a participant to present a paper please contact:
Marios Kyriazis firstname.lastname@example.org
Yiannis Laouris email@example.com
The presented papers and summary of discussion will be published in a mainstream peer-reviewed online publication.
Cyprus at that time of year is an ideal destination with much to see and do. Larnaca (old time Citium) is a sea-side cosmopolitan town, birthplace of Stoicism which forms the intellectual and philosophical basis of modern longevity sciences. Please note that places are limited, in order to enable constructive discussion between attendees.