Posted: Thu, March 14, 2013 | By: DEBATE
Although Max More’s essay provides reasons why radical life extension would not lead to horrific overpopulation, many “deathists” still list this as a primary reason for they they oppose significantly extending human life.
Let’s just assume that population will keep increasing… if that happens, where would humans live? Do any of the options below appeal to you?
- Colonize the oceans, with floating islands and immense ships.
- Colonize Antarctica and other uninhabited regions,with glass-domed temperature-controlled communities.
- Colonize the ocean floor.
- Dig underground, and into mountains, like moles- build immense subterranean cities.
- Colonize the Moon.
- Colonize Mars.
- Build huge satellites that each provide habitation for 100,000 people, that circumnavigate the Earth.
- None of the above, just ban breeding, or make people “cue up” for permission to multiply.
Please Leave Your Comments Below
sorry, be patient… comments are moderated and don’t appear immediately…
looking for more Debate Topics? Go HERE